the Kosmosis Chronicles
April 19, 2024, 10:20:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Blood And Rust: Part two (the voice and the serpent)

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blood And Rust: Part two (the voice and the serpent)  (Read 1870 times)
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2011, 08:43:22 pm »

(I'm detecting that this meet and greet is exeptionaly awkward)

Far above, Marangreim heard the words of Hnangha and his teammates. (Again super hearing)

“The most depraved revolting thing he’s ever seen? In my top five, for sure, but most? Then again, there weren’t any Luzonians in the horde of Grealtr. Actually, they might not have existed yet. Never mind. So guys, think we should go down there? I want to break this hungaga guy’s face.”

The Orange eye popped out of the hole in the wall, and unfolded its legs. The small machine (resembling a virus in shape) leapt from the doorway. It crept up to Tirenze. This time the voice seemed to come from the automaton.

"I would not worry about the knowledge I store. If you feel strongly about it, I can add you to it. Then you can share in the wisdom of worlds. Just be careful not to get too damaged when you die. There has to be something for the knackers to work with"

The little observer crawled over to Sawi next, and motioned its sharp stick limb as if to gently caress him.

"Of course, blame the servant. And you have quite the sense for the dramatic. I’ve noticed that occasionally in your kind. But your souls don’t quite mesh well with me, not enough substance. Orealyianis are quite fine, and photos are bland. I’m looking forward to taking the thoughts of that graid here, they are always a prize."

The eye turned to the Therais (photosoid. Creamy bone color. Spikey. Long, horizontal neck. Vicious beak.)

"I’m not familiar with your kind directly, but it will be good to have-"

Here, the mute therais committed a great faux pas, breaking an important rule of civility, one persisting across almost every social circle and a cornerstone of etiquette, when he cut off Hnangha mid-sentence with a blast of molten slag from his hand cannon. Not something for polite society.

Again coming from all around,

"Alright. I agree, it is time for action. "

In an instant, a large channel in the room erupted. It had been lying just under the surface. It’s it massive neck rose, dripping with black water. It was large enough to easily swallow the largest of the party whole and too long to be seen in whole. Around the great worm's head was a circle of limbs, each eight meter long, and tipped with a talon. Along it’s back where a number of writhing flagellates. The jaw was scaled and battered, adorned with the yellow eyes of the Iavolg, but far too many. Then it opened its mouth, and took a guttural breath. Inside was another eye, swollen and malignant. Lining the throat where a number of growths, which on closer look, where Iavolg, grown and fused into its maw.

It finally reached full height, dwarfing the party.
"This is Uneni. Niyames could tell you all about him, but he can introduce himself his own way."

Uzeta-Oatir was a ‘Corrector’ of the Ashen Flock. This meant he dealt with dissidents, usually by sneaking into their commune in the middle of the night and disemboweling them. He was the best at what he did. Also cementing his choice for this operation was the unprecedented amount of discipline required of a Machy Corrector, overcoming their universal reckless nature. This meant he was a cool, collected and skilled addition to the team. However, they had forgotten one thing.

His medication

Uzeta took flight and sprayed a round of shards into the serpent. It responded by flicking its tail, swatting him out of the air, the impact breaking every organ in his body, killing him instantly. And, somewhere, yet another supervisor was fired for letting a Machy on a special operations mission.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 09:04:04 pm by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum