the Kosmosis Chronicles
April 20, 2024, 07:04:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Jackpot?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jackpot?  (Read 433 times)
UFO King

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2011, 01:55:33 am »

Qui Tlantra was rudely interrupted from his studies by the unceremonious landing of a multipurpose tablet onto his desk. Looking up from the sudden glowing screen, he immediately identified the tripedal culprit. "Dammit! Blue and Indigo Tessellation, how many times have I told you never to barge in on me like that?" The agariki shifted nervously at his angry perrachi friend's question, the patterns on his skin switching to basic equilateral triangles. "Well, I thought that this news was sufficiently important to your job as an astrophysicist, Qui."

"Oh, is that so?" Qui's tone changed to a more inquisitive one. "Let's see now... Oh, I see! A swarm of meteoroids is passing close by Whatever Station in just a few hours! Oh, this is big news. You might have just lightened up my whole day, Tess!" Tessellation relaxed. "Since when don't I?" Qui laughed and hugged the lovable fungus. "Alright Tess, there's no time to lose! I'll go get Kaishal and Nral, and you inform Manager Mrnnrhr of our trip as soon as possible! Oh, don't look so sad. We'll be patient; we've all talked to a qyooro before." With that Qui took off, scanning the wide open dining area for signs of his meteor-wrangler buddies.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Raz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 03:00:29 am »

Several small pieces of inanimate rock drifted through space, hurtling towards the colony. However, one of the drifting objects was glimmering black metal, strangely very reflective of the sunlight hitting it, especially since it appeared to be absolutely black. It was perfectly spherical in shape, with a diameter of about a foot, which made it seem even more unusual and artificial.

The rocks and their strange guest fell quickly towards the planet, soon hitting the atmosphere and lighting up. While the other rocks soon burned away, the sphere continued on, completely untouched by the heat of re-entry. Soon, it slammed into the ground, creating an unusually large crater for something so small. And there it waited patiently for its discoverer...
Report Spam   Logged

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:51:26 am »

"Hey Qui, when are you gonna start sitting on Tess' spores for four months? You hang around it so much, I'm beginning to think you'd make a cute couple!"
Qui rolled his eyes. "Very funny, Kaishal. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm driving the craft right now and we don't exactly have the level of GPS over here like back on Perrawiih!"
"Good point." Kaishal leaned over to the front seats. "You're such a city slicker I'm afraid you might start watching Tlakal & Klalt Kill the Tower King and drive us into a cliff."
"What?! Hey, for your information, my watching that movie was an accident! It happened one time!" Qui looked to his left. "C'mon Tess, back me up here!"
"I remember you enjoying that film greatly. Your eyes had a funny blue look to them as well, and your beak had a musty odor rather like-"
Kaishal burst into a fit of laughter while Qui suddenly became very flustered.
"Hey! I wasn't- That didn't- Argh!" He glanced at the seat behind him. "Hey, I- Please, Nral. Help me out. Please."
The perrachi with the tattooed beak snickered. "I think Kaishal's your perfect match," she replied with a smirk. "He and you make such a great old married couple! Remind me to bring along some snap-gkerpa next time we all go pillaging."
Qui just turned back to face the landscape and sighed deeply, Kaishal still chuckling. His head sank past his shoulders temporarily, but his posture straightened when he received a notice from the craft's navicom.
"Whoa, we're only like a minute away from the main landing site! We should be arriving there faster than a Kwazchi fieldrunner craving nrats."
Kaishal looked confused. "Weren't there a whole bunch of rocks falling here?"
"I suppose that the news did not reach you. Most disintegrated upon atmospheric entry, but one quite sizable sample did make the impact."

(Author's note: We wish to apologize for the rough translation. Tessellation's previous sentence contained an highly hilarious bout of ingenious comedic wordplay which rendered the three others in a state of uncontrollable laughter, but to translate it properly would require a lengthy explanation and dissertation on Chervan radio programs of 40 years ago and how their sketches and joking phrases entered the mainstream Paranchi lexicon. By the time this footnote is over our four amigos will have started unpacking equipment to study and excavate the meteorite. Thank you for your time.)
Report Spam   Logged
Raz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 04:12:54 am »

The sphere began to activate as they unpacked, waves of red and green energy beginning to wash over the sphere's surface, and arc out onto the ground, Running diagnostic... Damage, negligible... Calculating position... Observing stars... Stars unknown... Searching databanks for star trajectories, projecting into future... No match... Concluding... Conclusion, different galaxy. Scanning environment... Sentient lifeforms detected... Suitable host detected... Survivable atmosphere, temperature, radiation... Concluding... Conclusion, initiate Phoenix Protocol. The Blood must live on!

The sphere began glowing with a variety of rainbow colors, searching for the right combination to mesmerize and draw in its discovers, particularly Nral.
Report Spam   Logged

Raz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 05:30:27 am »

-Will create the origin story in the civilizations section, just too slow.-
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum