the Kosmosis Chronicles
April 19, 2024, 11:52:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Shrie-Nashek

Poll
Question: So I herd you like derpy?
Herp - 0 (0%)
Derp - 3 (75%)
Flurp! - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Shrie-Nashek  (Read 1614 times)
SimplyNecro

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2011, 04:10:10 pm »

"We had an empire once, and soon, we shall have one again. Bar our way at your own peril."

The Shrie-Nashek

They say the Phitire and the Ari’Kasheen, also known as the Shadow, are the two most ancient races in the galaxy. They say where the first to form, the first to rule, and the first to wage true war. Of course history has a nasty case of being written by the victors. For indeed, there was a third race, one who’s malice, vengefulness, and ambition rivaled theirs: The Shrie-Nashek.

The Shrie-Nashek are an absolutely ancient species; dating back to the apocalyptic war between the Ari’kasheen and the Phitire, perhaps even before then. They exist now in forms that only can be described as those of the undead. The modification made to their bodies, their minds, their very souls has left them rotting husks of decaying flesh and metal, their very essence bound to psychic powered nanites and cybernetics.

Society

The Shrie-Nashek’s society can easily be described as something of a monarchy. At the head of state, the divinely chosen ruler, and absolute final authority on Shrie-Nashek is a being know as the Archlich. The Archlich is comparable to a high king, or even a god-emperor, whom rules over and gives commands to his lesser Lich Lords of varying ranks, who in turn govern the rest of their ancient empire. At the bottom of this tier are warriors, workers, and other laboring classes who have been reduced to mindless automatons by the controlling Lich Lords. Even further down are countless mindless psychic and robotic necro-tech constructs that labor for their undying masters.

Outside this chain of command are two mysterious orders: The Death Knights, also known as the royal guard are something of a neutral faction within political maneuverings of the Shrie-Nashek. As far as they are concerned-They are a martial order whose duty is to protect the nobility, and act as military leaders and advisors during war time. They are heavily intertwined with the Shrie-Nashek ruling class, having been created by the Archlich to to act as a sort of policing force for the nobility. In reality, they answer to him directly.

The Cult of Nec, is an esoteric order of techno-death worshipers. Their numbers once only included Shrie-Nashek alone but now rumors abound of them taking many new converts from other races. Secretly of course. The cult finds its roots in the ancient days of the Shrie-Nashek, during the time when the Archlich lamented about how death would eventually rob him of all his achievements, and so brought all of his psychic sorcery and scientific knowledge to bear in order to find a way to combat it. The Cult of Nec was created in order to aid the Archlich in this goal. Today, they still look for methods to finally free the Shrie-Nashek from the prisons of their rotting bodies and achieve true ascension as the Archlich had done. They also handle maintenance and recovering of Shrie-Nashek technologies that have been lost over the long years.

Today, the empire is fragmented, but slowly reuniting, shattered, yet slowly being pieced back together. All over the sector ancient cities are being rebuilt, long neglected space stations being repaired, and ancient factories being reactivated. Slowly more and more Shrie-Nashek are being awakened from the great sleep, the first awakening due to disturbances from other races trespassing their tombs and crypts. These first ones then send out signals to all other worlds, informing them the time for awakening has come.

Now the Shrie-Nashek attempt to rebuild, surrounded by strange creatures, awoken to find an empire in ruins, cities defiled, and priceless artifacts looted during their slumber.

Fun Fact: The Archlich has no name. He is merely called "The Archlich". When a new Archlich is crowned (Back then it was called "The Nec'tira") he or she forsakes his or her original name. To the point of erasing it from all records of history.

Fun Fact: The current Archlich is the same one who ruled thousands of years ago.

Gonna have to make a bio for the guy... He's pretty important.

Your whole go-to-sleep-for-a-long-time then wake up ****ed and try to reclaim your empire bit is like a direct copy of the new Necrons' story, if you haven't gotten hold of their lore >.>
Otherwise it's awesome. I don't know if the bit with the heavily paralleled Necron thing was intentional but, yeah...

I know, I just read the lore in detail yesterday.

I mean, the comparison to Necrons was inevitable, but now thanks to GW their a direct copy. God damnit. They beat me to it. They went from killer robots serving eldritch abominations to Tomb Kings in space.

Backstory wise, ya, their almost the same, aestetically though I would say they draw more inspiration from Cryx.

Maybe if I just run the Liches in SPAAACE thing through the gauntlet I may be able to salvage some originality.

It'll probobly be a while before touch upon the backstory too much.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:13:45 pm by SimplyNecro » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum