the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 29, 2024, 12:04:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Shrie-Nashek

Poll
Question: So I herd you like derpy?
Herp - 0 (0%)
Derp - 3 (75%)
Flurp! - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Shrie-Nashek  (Read 1594 times)
SimplyNecro

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2011, 01:52:17 pm »

I, SimplyNecro, present to you a new race: One that actually does not have the end goal of killing and enslaving everyone, or turning the galaxy into ****pit of tentacles and horror ruled by C’thulu.

There still jerks though but these guys actually know how to negotiate! There just really grumpy after being asleep for a very long time, and then waking up to find their empire in ruins, and all of their cities and worlds looted and defiled. So yeah. Grumpy is probobly the right word.

I present to you… *NAME PENDING!* Xenoliche? Cryxxians? The Liche? Necrid? (Potential names, those are) Necronoids (Ancient species I thought about making when I first entered the forums. Spiritual successor these guys)

Doga image is not really coming out how I like it, so for now, take this- combine it a little bit with this. Note: The first image would convey the look and feel, heavily cybernetically augmented, bulky-thin build, sickly green glow, skull like face, humanoid... ect. The only thing they really have in common with the second image is they have a tendency to stick mechanical "Slasher arms" on their shoulders. Also give them four eyes. Four...glowing...empty...eyes. Also give them fangs on their upper jaw. They have a tendency to take their lower jaw off for some reason. oh, and they tend to have a slightly more hunched posture

"Whoa, when was the last time someone dust this place off!" A cheery Goonal said as he made his way into gloomy chamber. Actually, gloomy was an understatement, the reliquary looked downright malicious. Heralds of what could be guessed to be alien symbols and heralds of death adorned the walls, illuminated by faint luminators that casted an ominous corpselight upon them. Dust and webbing infested every corner of the chamber, telling a sad and lengthy tale of neglect and disuse. Indeed, the chamber, this tomb, had probably not been disturbed in thousands of years.

At least until now…

"About a few hundred years ago I would guess." Another voice intoned sarcastically. Following the elated goonal, a rather sober looking perrachi entered behind, both wore light enviromental suits to filter out any hazardous particles. The avian alien scanned the chamber around him for a few seconds before gesturing behind him. A small robot entered after him, floating lazily as its front chassis slowly unfolded. Lights flickered and danced as a holographic keyboard and screen quickly materialized, occasionally distorting due to the dust that was kicked up by the trio’s movements.

"I don’t think this was a night club Erka." The Goonal said, still jovially, but obviously less so as the eerie atmosphere began to slowly drain his enthusiasm.

"Looks more like a crypt…" The perrachi, Erka’Ine replied, inspecting the walls more closely, taking notes of the strange bodies that seemed to be imbedded in them. Some of them looked humanoid, others less so, but they all seemed to be heavily cybernetically enhanced, decayed flesh met solid metal chassis at random intervals. "Maybe they had very intricate burial rituals." He mused out loud; he had heard of some cultures having such traditions. Their monarchs would be given elaborate tombs for their resting places, buried along with their wealth, possessions, family members, or anything they considered valuable really.

"Heh, get a load of this big shot." The goonal joked as he circled a sarcophagus far more elaborate than the others at the end of the chamber. The casket was open, letting dim corpselight shine upon a bountifully dressed figure; or at least as bountifully as a years old monarch could be. Although shaped differently, like the others his body was composed of decaying flesh meeting bulky looking cybernetic parts, and his body was wrapped in haggard and decaying garments.

"Be careful Voon." Erka said alertly. "This stuff is thousands of years old, there’s no telling how fragile it might be. We don’t want to ruin our first actual archeological dig by breaking all of the artifacts." 

"pffffffff" was all the Voon had to say as he continued to study the sarcophagus and its mysterious occupant.

Erka sighed. How the hell where he and Voon friends again? They had completely opposite personalities. Voon was a wide eyes happy-go-lucky bloke, while according to the Goonal, he was something of grouch. He wasn’t a grouch, he was just a bit more serious. He took things a bit more cynically, that’s all. Still, for all his tomfoolery he couldn’t criticize Voon too much. The Goonal outscored him in half his marks in college and constantly kicked his ass on the gamepad…of knowledge. Voon could be a fool sometimes, but he was competent and a good friend when he needed to be. Just not now though. Pushing Voon’s tomfoolery out his head, Erka returned to the side wall of the chamber, examining the text that stood between two of the standing corpse machines that remained unmoving as he plied the wording for its secrets.

"What stories can you tell us my friend…" He whispered to himself quietly before calling his assistance droid over. The robot helper hovered obediently and stayed in place as Erka entered some data into the internal computer. The text slowly shifted on the screen as it transformed from gibberish into something readable. As he read, he could have sworn he heard the original speakers voice echoing in his head. Chilling... but it only furthered his curiosity.

"I am Lord Baraxis of Nyctox II.

Lord and master of all I survey in life…

…and in death.

I shall wreak despair on those who disturb this place."

"Pfffff-curses." Erka said almost a snootily. "These people must have been pretty superstitious." He mused. Speaking of people, Voon had been rather quiet recently. "Voon? You o-" Erka began turning as a disturbing sound entered his ear: Gagging, coughing, like someone was being strangled. "Voon!" He cried as he whirled around to see just that. The goonal stood there, his face contorting in disturbing direction. The ancient monarch’s large metal claw was wrapped around Voon’s slender and long neck, slowly wringing the air out of it.

Erka wasted no time charging, quickly pulling out a small circular saw used for sensitive cutting. It wasn’t much, but it was all he really had. Quickly he rushed to his friend’s aid, jamming the circular saw blade into the offenders arm.

Nothing. The blade sparked and cracked, but it wasn’t even making a scratch in the alien armor.

"Voon, come on! Stay with me, don’t pass out!" Unfortunately his words where not heeded. Voon’s chocking became more and more faint until his head limply slump to the side.

Erka stared in shock, disbelief, and horror at his dead friend. The metallic arm was still wrapped around Voon’s neck. It didn’t look like it was coming off soon. The perrachi felt a tear slowly form in his eyes.

"Gotcha"

Erka’s head suddenly flew up. He stared at his friends face who had a smug grin plastered all over it.

“YOU. JACK. ASS” Erka roared. "I thought you where seriously dying!"

"Really?" Voon replied between laughter. "Come on, that was hardly convincing, I was holding the hand up and everything!" Voon said as he took the clawed hand from his neck and placed back in the sarcophagus.

Erka meanwhile, was storming out of the chamber harshly whispering a large number perrachi curses that where best left un-translated. He stopped in his tracks however, hearing the same sound of someone being strangled. He turned around again, a less than amused look glued onto his face. He turned to see Voon, apparently trying the "Being strangled by an alien Mummy" act again.

"Really Voon? You think I’m going to fall for it a second time?" No answer came from the goonal, just more coughing and choking. Erka had to admit though, Voon’s act was better this time. He had somehow gotten his feet to levitate a bit off the ground, and that trick where he made his face turn slightly blue was kind of ne-

Oh &$%#

"Sweet seas of Apica!" Erka cried as he rushed again to Voon’s aid. This time it wasn’t a joke; he was stunned for a second when he heard something take a long horse breath from within the casket. Damn it, was this thing still alive? How? He didn’t get far however. As soon he got close the undead alien threw the goonal away, sending him skidding across the floor.

Erka eyes however where no longer glued to his friend, who was slowly making his way to his feet, a look of pure terror on his face. Both of the archeologist stared in dread at the coffin, no noise except the creature’s hoarse breathing flowed through the chamber. One of the alien’s metallic claws grasped it’s caskets edge, another followed suite, both of them slowly lifting this abomination of dead flesh and metal.

Standing at its full hight, the alien lich looked around his ancient chamber for a few moments. If any look could be really attributed to his rotting, fanged, skull-like face, it may have been confusion.

The alien suddenly locked its empty eyes at the two intruders, a sickly green glow entering them. Holding one of its arms out, a staff slowly materialized in its hand. Raising the strange arcane looking device, the alien muttered a single word.

"Rise…" Its voice sounded strained and inked with malice. Like chalk scratching on glass. Voon and Erka shook and looked around as the walls themselves began to shudder and squirm. The bodies imbedded to the walls, the corpse machines they once thought were inert began to shake with a new parody of life. Dreaded corpse light entered their eyes and their machinery gave off a sickly green glow. Unhooking themselves from wires and cables, the flesh-metal abomination stumbled only for a moment as they locked their empty eyes on the two young archeologists.

The xeno lich spoke once more, its words echoing in Erka’s head with a horrible sense of irony…

"I am Lord Baraxis of Nyctox II.

Lord and master of all I survey in life…

…and in death.

I shall wreak despair on those who disturb this place."

Right, so obviously these guys are still a work in process.

Basically, think some mad scientist threw the Cryx, the Tomb Kings, and Husks into a blender to see what comes out.

The galaxy needs a few more undead.

Please trust me that there is logic beyond, "It's Magic" here.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:10:50 pm by SimplyNecro » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 06:34:50 pm »

YES!!!

Since a perrachi discovered them (and only about 20 words of Goonalspeak have ever been revealed), I imagine their name would be in Paranchi: Tsi Chrek Ek is "Monstrous dead ancestor". Maybe a rough transliteration, like sicrekek. Or maybe "ancient zombie king", Sirn Grakek Nakaen. Perhaps a dual name, like Sorn-Grak! Although Paranchi doesn't use apostrophes like that - maybe his parents were hippies.

Whatever the case, you've got my seal of approval! I'm most definitely looking forward to more!
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 07:19:29 pm »

You're actually glad to have the Perrachi possess the unfortunate privilege of waking up what could probably be considered a Necron Tomb World?

Anyways, looking forward to this.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:29:04 pm »

Hey, he specifically said they're a lot more rational and negotiable than his other guys!
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 08:43:18 pm »

Hey, he specifically said they're a lot more rational and negotiable than his other guys!

When those other guys are so embarrased just spelling out the word "negotiate", that's not necessarily reassuring.   Wink

In any case, it's always good to have some space mummies/liches around to spice things up, regardless of how good or bad they are at diplomacy. That, I'm sure we can all agree in.   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
SimplyNecro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:52:00 pm »

Glad my reputation for making evil races has reached such levels.

So yeah, on the DnD alignment scale, I would put these guys on either true neutral to neutral evil at worst.

Their primary goal is rebuilding their empire. let’s just say their jerkassness comes from their utter fixation on this goal. These guys once controlled a large empire (the meaning of large still up for debate). Most of the worlds they expand to are worlds they once owned themselves. So there not so much expanding as they are reclaiming.

Thing is, if they find say... a civilization built over their ruins... well that’s where their jerkassness comes into play. Like I said, still a work in progress about how far they are willing to go.

Also sometimes they go to war to get their nice things back. Damn grave robbers/archeologists/looters.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:54:43 pm by SimplyNecro » Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 09:27:25 am »

Their primary goal is rebuilding their empire. let’s just say their jerkassness comes from their utter fixation on this goal. These guys once controlled a large empire (the meaning of large still up for debate). Most of the worlds they expand to are worlds they once owned themselves. So there not so much expanding as they are reclaiming.

I have this image of a particularly "old-looking" *Name Pending* sitting on a ship's bridge and yelling "Get off my lawn!" to a planet's inhabitants via videophone.  Grin

Also sometimes they go to war to get their nice things back. Damn grave robbers/archeologists/looters.

Will keep that in mind.

Especially when pointing them in the direction of those pesky tomb raiders and black market folk.

Hmm, this might work out better than I thought, budget-wise.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:37:30 am by Yuu » Report Spam   Logged

SimplyNecro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 05:25:22 pm »

Will keep that in mind.

Especially when pointing them in the direction of those pesky tomb raiders and black market folk.

Hmm, this might work out better than I thought, budget-wise.

Laura Croft's worst nightmare?

Also added a pole. Really, need a catchy name for these guys.
Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 05:31:12 pm »

Frankly, I've had enough with aliens with names composed of cobbled-together Greek and Latin - and I think I've heard "Shrike" somewhere else before. Sorn-Grak for me!
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 07:20:39 pm »

Frankly, I've had enough with aliens with names composed of cobbled-together Greek and Latin - and I think I've heard "Shrike" somewhere else before. Sorn-Grak for me!

Le Shrike?
Report Spam   Logged

GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »

Your whole go-to-sleep-for-a-long-time then wake up pissed and try to reclaim your empire bit is like a direct copy of the new Necrons' story, if you haven't gotten hold of their lore >.>
Otherwise it's awesome. I don't know if the bit with the heavily paralleled Necron thing was intentional but, yeah...
Report Spam   Logged
SimplyNecro

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 04:10:10 pm »

"We had an empire once, and soon, we shall have one again. Bar our way at your own peril."

The Shrie-Nashek

They say the Phitire and the Ari’Kasheen, also known as the Shadow, are the two most ancient races in the galaxy. They say where the first to form, the first to rule, and the first to wage true war. Of course history has a nasty case of being written by the victors. For indeed, there was a third race, one who’s malice, vengefulness, and ambition rivaled theirs: The Shrie-Nashek.

The Shrie-Nashek are an absolutely ancient species; dating back to the apocalyptic war between the Ari’kasheen and the Phitire, perhaps even before then. They exist now in forms that only can be described as those of the undead. The modification made to their bodies, their minds, their very souls has left them rotting husks of decaying flesh and metal, their very essence bound to psychic powered nanites and cybernetics.

Society

The Shrie-Nashek’s society can easily be described as something of a monarchy. At the head of state, the divinely chosen ruler, and absolute final authority on Shrie-Nashek is a being know as the Archlich. The Archlich is comparable to a high king, or even a god-emperor, whom rules over and gives commands to his lesser Lich Lords of varying ranks, who in turn govern the rest of their ancient empire. At the bottom of this tier are warriors, workers, and other laboring classes who have been reduced to mindless automatons by the controlling Lich Lords. Even further down are countless mindless psychic and robotic necro-tech constructs that labor for their undying masters.

Outside this chain of command are two mysterious orders: The Death Knights, also known as the royal guard are something of a neutral faction within political maneuverings of the Shrie-Nashek. As far as they are concerned-They are a martial order whose duty is to protect the nobility, and act as military leaders and advisors during war time. They are heavily intertwined with the Shrie-Nashek ruling class, having been created by the Archlich to to act as a sort of policing force for the nobility. In reality, they answer to him directly.

The Cult of Nec, is an esoteric order of techno-death worshipers. Their numbers once only included Shrie-Nashek alone but now rumors abound of them taking many new converts from other races. Secretly of course. The cult finds its roots in the ancient days of the Shrie-Nashek, during the time when the Archlich lamented about how death would eventually rob him of all his achievements, and so brought all of his psychic sorcery and scientific knowledge to bear in order to find a way to combat it. The Cult of Nec was created in order to aid the Archlich in this goal. Today, they still look for methods to finally free the Shrie-Nashek from the prisons of their rotting bodies and achieve true ascension as the Archlich had done. They also handle maintenance and recovering of Shrie-Nashek technologies that have been lost over the long years.

Today, the empire is fragmented, but slowly reuniting, shattered, yet slowly being pieced back together. All over the sector ancient cities are being rebuilt, long neglected space stations being repaired, and ancient factories being reactivated. Slowly more and more Shrie-Nashek are being awakened from the great sleep, the first awakening due to disturbances from other races trespassing their tombs and crypts. These first ones then send out signals to all other worlds, informing them the time for awakening has come.

Now the Shrie-Nashek attempt to rebuild, surrounded by strange creatures, awoken to find an empire in ruins, cities defiled, and priceless artifacts looted during their slumber.

Fun Fact: The Archlich has no name. He is merely called "The Archlich". When a new Archlich is crowned (Back then it was called "The Nec'tira") he or she forsakes his or her original name. To the point of erasing it from all records of history.

Fun Fact: The current Archlich is the same one who ruled thousands of years ago.

Gonna have to make a bio for the guy... He's pretty important.

Your whole go-to-sleep-for-a-long-time then wake up ****ed and try to reclaim your empire bit is like a direct copy of the new Necrons' story, if you haven't gotten hold of their lore >.>
Otherwise it's awesome. I don't know if the bit with the heavily paralleled Necron thing was intentional but, yeah...

I know, I just read the lore in detail yesterday.

I mean, the comparison to Necrons was inevitable, but now thanks to GW their a direct copy. God damnit. They beat me to it. They went from killer robots serving eldritch abominations to Tomb Kings in space.

Backstory wise, ya, their almost the same, aestetically though I would say they draw more inspiration from Cryx.

Maybe if I just run the Liches in SPAAACE thing through the gauntlet I may be able to salvage some originality.

It'll probobly be a while before touch upon the backstory too much.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:13:45 pm by SimplyNecro » Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 08:41:45 pm »

Okay, this is looking good. Sort of like the Necromonicon, I suppose. I wonder what they look like. But why all the apostrophes? Why not just say Arikasheen and Nectira? Those words don't even seem like they really need an apostrophe.
Report Spam   Logged
SimplyNecro

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 09:24:14 pm »

Well Ari'kasheen is what Grox called the shadow. He put apostrophes in their name so I just followed through.

I guess I just went overboard with them.

I wonder what they look like.

The DOGA image is like... 75% done.

Report Spam   Logged
SimplyNecro

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 07:11:33 pm »

>_>

<_<

*Runs back out the door*

*If anyone can tell me how I can better resize my images, that be nice*
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:37:45 pm by SimplyNecro » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum