the Kosmosis Chronicles
April 19, 2024, 05:51:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Suggestions Topic!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Suggestions Topic!  (Read 3530 times)
GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

The Weirdest in the Galaxy!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2011, 01:29:26 pm »

No idea why all these words are censored. I certainly didn't add them.
Report Spam   Logged

"Well, if you're outright admitting that your position is a religious ideology, then it's impossible for me to engage with you in a reasoned debate about it and I should just walk away."
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2011, 02:55:37 pm »

It really has that big affect on people? Can't imagine what that is like. I don't even notice spelling or punctuation when I read.
but I guess if it's that crippling i'll capitalize then. Relying on capitals to tell you when a sentance ends sounds like a handicap to me.

Also for the record, I read a book about twice a week. I like classic literature.
Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
Raz

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2011, 04:17:55 pm »

I'm sorry that it's easier to notice a larger S than a little period that's only a few pixels away from a comma. And yeah, I have the same thing as Grox, I just skip over your stuff whenever you post, simply because you don't capitalize, and it's really freaking annoying.
Report Spam   Logged

Bard

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2011, 01:24:29 am »

Well that's not a very nice thing to say.

I have never experienced the thing you are describing, but i'll try to accommodate your shared disability that prevents you from seeing small dots yet somehow does not prevent you from seeing slightly larger letters. Commas and periods are interchangeable to me anyway.

Maybe it's because I read so much? Dunno.
Report Spam   Logged

Raz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2011, 01:32:20 am »

Commas and periods are interchangeable to me anyway.

Maybe it's because I read so much? Dunno.

Are you being serious? You 'read so much,' yet you don't care about punctuation? That's basically a paradox. If you read a lot, you should give a rat's ass about when something is capitalized or not, and whether or not the sentence has at least somewhat correct punctuation. Especially the fact that commas and periods indicate two totally different things.
Report Spam   Logged

Bard

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2011, 02:25:26 am »

Before you read this, remember I don't take anything seriously enough to be serious about it (Thats actualy is sorta my whole argument here) so this is kinda tongue in cheek. I'm a bard, remember?

Well, I don't notice it. It's the same way with a lot of things, actualy. Something you do often enough becomes somewhat automatic.

When I read, It goes through my mind as someone speaking. you don't need proper script formating to be able to hear someone speak.
Or thats one possibility, anyway. I just came up with it. I have literaly never thought or cared about punctuation or capitilization in depth before. To me, captilization is a way to make it look fancier, not help you read it.

to get to the point, I don't know. I have no context to what your saying.

Alright, i'm spent. Have your fuching slightly larger symbols at the start of written sentances if your so enthralled by them you find it neccesary to repeatedly berate, scorn, and ignore those who don't care.

That last line! Like I was one of those! Can you imagine?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 02:28:02 am by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2011, 04:23:22 am »

Maybe this will help.
Report Spam   Logged
Raz

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2011, 04:49:41 am »

You do realize having bad grammar is a severe handicap in life, one that makes you look lazy, ignorant, and stupid to the general public? I don't know how young you are, but obviously you've yet to realize that you're not going to go anywhere if your writing is ****. You won't get a job that pays above minimum wage, colleges will prefer not to admit you, etc. If you're not willing to take the time to think (and you shouldn't have to think about whether or not you have to capitalize something) to write an uppercase letter instead of a lowercase letter, or god forbid, hold shift and then hit the key, then the logical conclusion is that you're not going to take the time or put in the effort to accomplish anything useful, at all, and are therefore useless to an employer beyond manual and unskilled labor.

Grammar is incredibly important in life, in case you haven't figured that out yet. You have to communicate with people in our world beyond just the spoken word. Nowadays, the common method of communication is in fact through the written word. And judging by your inability to give a damn, I'd say you do the exact same thing in real life, and that's going to bite you in the ass throughout your entire life if you don't fix it.

By the way, I'm a blunt, hard help kind of guy. If you're doing something retarded, I'll say you'll doing something **** retarded, and to cut it out. I don't screw around, or pretend to be Mr. Lay It On Nice, especially when it's something serious, like a self-imposed handicap that will cause you a lot of trouble. I'm just trying to pass on a little common sense and wisdom so you'll do better in life.
Report Spam   Logged

Badger Man 22

Your body loves you

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2011, 05:12:31 am »

Can all you guys seriously stop **** with him for how he types? I mean it OBVIOUSLY isn't that difficult to read it, considering most people have no difficulty with it. You are just being an ass because you think that you have to follow all the rules to get your thought past. Which is, quite frankly, complete and utter bull****. Let the **** man type in the lower case. It's not hurting anyone. You and Grox skip over his posts because you can't read it? Then you two are both complete and utter morons. I can read it just fine, and I think my intellectual capabilities are below at least your's Raz, if not Grox's as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Raz

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2011, 06:06:28 am »

There is no excuse for bad grammar. Successful people speak and write properly, it's a simple fact.
Report Spam   Logged

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2011, 06:17:01 am »

So e. e. cummings was a fluke?
Report Spam   Logged
Badger Man 22

Your body loves you

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2011, 06:30:30 am »

Raz, its a bull**** fact of the real world. And guess what, and I know this might be a shock for you, but the internet isn't the real world. It's a place where the people who would fail in the real world can be successful. And people like you are too rooted in the real world to learn to, I don't know, mentally place capital letters? It obviously isn't that hard. And **** grammar, most my post have **** grammar. You are just a **** twit who can't get their head out of their ass and stop being so self superior. This place isn't a place where you 'pass on a little common sense and wisdom' when people don't ask you to. It's pretentious to do such. And grammatically correct capitalization is not **** common sense or wisdom, it's some complete nonsense that every **** English speaking human is expected to be perfect with, for NO **** REASON. Bard gets his thoughts across just fine, he is well respected here and on the Gaming Steve Forums, and this is the FIRST TIME I have EVER heard a complaint about his lack of capital letters. He has been incredibly successful, especially in comparison to you if I recall what I've heard about you correctly.
Report Spam   Logged
Raz

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2011, 07:35:27 am »

The **** are you talking about? Crazen always got complaints about his capitalization. I've mentioned it to crazen before, and I've never read anything he wrote simply because it made me want to claw my damn eyes out.

He's indicated himself that he doesn't care about grammar, so he obviously doesn't care about it in real life either. By the way, real life is where your body is, where you eat, work, and survive.

You're expected to know grammatically correct capitalization because English is your first language and because capitalization is **** easy. And no, he doesn't get his thoughts across just fine. They're jumbled and slammed together, seeing as how the sentences are spliced because it's a pain to see where one sentence ends and another begins. And I'm talking successful as in real life successful, where you earn your damn food and whatever else you want. It's just plain lazy to not capitalize the damn letter. Wow, I just held shift when I hit the 'w' and 'i' keys to create uppercase letters! And it took exactly 0 seconds longer than for lowercase letters!

Hell, he could at least think of it as a courtesy to the readers, so that they don't claw their damn eyes out, show a little respect by taking the 0 seconds it takes to capitalize the first letter of a sentence, and to capitalize names, etc. It should be an automatic thing, especially since even those whose first language isn't English can understand capitalization.

And you're calling me a **** twit? Seriously? After what you've been? You make some really **** stupid comments by the way. Mentally place capital letters? Seriously? Yes I'm totally going to just mentally fix all of your grammatical mistakes and assign capital letters in those spaces where they should've already been. I can forgive light spelling errors (which shouldn't happen anyway, as long as the person uses an actual browser like Firefox which has automatic spellcheck), but capitalization is one of the first damn things you learn, and one of the most important.

Anyway, final random thought, if you're not going to take the approximately zero additional seconds it takes to capitalize properly, to put that teeny tiny little bit more effort into it, then why the hell should I put in the effort to read the post??? I'm not going to give full effort if you're not going to. Laziness like that just pisses me off.
Report Spam   Logged

GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2011, 09:42:22 am »

Alright, levelmaker here. Can we please stop the enraged cussing for five minutes and discuss this like people?
I skip over what Crazen writes not because of some disdain for his lack of capitalization, but because trying to plug it in and fix it mentally so I can read it gives me a headache. I could care less if he doesn't capitalized, but having to get my nose to the screen every time I see a dot to see if it's a comma or a period is not pleasant.
Raz (and Badger), I'm going to have to say; back off, both of you, before this gets you both in trouble.  This minor issue isn't worth a ban or anything else.
Badger, not only have you been swearing, but you've been namecalling. Taking broad swipes and calling people morons, and calling Raz a "****ing twit" is not helping your point any. So far, all you've been seen to do with this is push your point of view while being closed to others, and cuss out anyone who disagrees.
Or in other words, hush up; nobody wants to hear it. You're getting all riled up over a really inconsequential opinion, and it's rather distasteful to read.
Report Spam   Logged
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2011, 12:08:57 pm »

Children, children, please remain in good humor. Cause I just read all that and i'm laughing my ass off.

I already said I don't care enough about this issue for it to be a problem for me. So sure i'll capitalize.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum