the Kosmosis Chronicles
April 18, 2024, 09:37:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Nexus Hub of Hrok'Dok Studies

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nexus Hub of Hrok'Dok Studies  (Read 1313 times)
Raz

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2011, 04:59:15 am »

Document: Report on the Chief Investigator's Dream

Submission Date: 1/2/1

Submitter: Head of Hrok'Dok Studies, Chief Investigator Qom

Submission:

Ugh... Last night was **** up. It was the worst and best sleep I've ever gotten in my life... Now I feel like I'm fluctuating between the worst hangover ever, and feeling like I'm on top of the world. I'm guessing it's part of the Blood screwing with my nervous system, the hormones and nerve impulses... Parts of my body will sometimes twitch without me moving them. It's disconcerting to say the least. The Blood assures me that this is entirely normal, that it's repairing damage, super-charging my brain, strengthening my muscles. I woke up not having to wear glasses anymore. That was amazing...

Is it traitorous to feel... better... with this stuff in me? Is it wrong? Am I going against my entire species by wanting others to feel this way? The damn voice in my head assures me that this isn't so, but I'm not sure how trustworthy the Blood is. It says I'll never die a natural death now, that I'll be a God among Perrachi. So many benefits, but again, at what price? Has my soul been traded for immortality, for biological perfection? Damn it, be quiet! That's better... Now, to record what happened during my dream.

I passed out in my chair after finishing my first report, and immediately slipped into deep sleep. I found myself in Shallow Springs, before it was turned to ash. I saw my people screaming and trying to fly away from the kracs, some even trying to run. Let it be noted that the Blood enhances everything about a species. Running is highly unlikely to work, or flying. Those damn kracs flew faster than our fastest competitive flyers. They were hunting down everyone, snapping with those unnatural fanged beaks.

Then I felt a presence behind me and turned around, finding this huge, huge freaking serpent creature behind me. Needless to say, I expelled a few dream liquids. I was frozen as it brought its eyes down to my eyes, and it boomed, "HRAK! You are the greatest hope of the hrok'dok, Qom. I come bearing an offer that you have no choice but to accept, but it is still an offer nonetheless." I felt that the creature smiled, but in no way as a Perrachi does. When a hrok'dok smiles, apparently it opens its mouth and bears all of its fangs. Scary as hell, and something that could easily be mistaken for a sign of aggression. I gulped and said, "What's the offer?"

The hrok'dok smiled again and said, "I offer my services to you, immortality, strength, the works. Everything a hrok'dok receives. In exchange, you agree to be known as a Hrak, a member of the Hrok'Dok, for you too can be a Hatchling of God. I'm a bit of an equal opportunity employer, heh heh heh. It even makes sense for you, since your race is born from eggs, hah! But as a hrok'dok, you must protect your own people, and bring them here to safety."

The choice probably seems obvious to some, but it was a hard one for me. Do I forsake my entire past, my people, to become a Hrok'Dok? Or do I stand by my people and accept death? Were the Blood and the hrok'dok really as dangerous as I feared, and knew? I don't think I'll ever know if I made the right choice, but I accepted the Blood's offer. It proceeded to show me the 'Glory of the Dominion.' It showed me the carefully cultivated paradise worlds that once existed in the original galaxy the hrok'dok lived in, the incredibly powerful ships that traversed and policed the expansive Hrok'Dok Dominion, the hrok'dok in their 'purest' form, infused with incredible technology that seemed to give them abilities such as telekinesis, telepathic command over kracs(The Blood corrects me now, it says that all those with the Blood can communicate with others that have the Blood. The hrok'dok do not use such 'primitive' methods as 'speech' to convey information to one another, apparently.), and other abilities.

The 'Pure' hrok'dok look like they're laced with lines of energy that pulsate between a number of colors based on what ability they're using at that time. I asked the Blood if it could recreate these strange technologies in the current hrok'dok. It stated, "I'd need the hrok'dok to ingest a number of elements, particularly elements usually considered dangerous to organics and especially rare elements, and access to a large power source. Purification is both a lengthy and painful process, and hrok'dok have to earn the right to become Pure. The Pure could be thought of as the highest members of hrok'dok society, the ultra-leaders. They were my right hands, listening to me constantly, following my orders to ensure the success of the hrok'dok. And if they didn't follow orders, I killed them. Simple as that."

Finally, the Blood showed me a vision of the future. I don't think it was a literal, precognitive vision of the future, more of a "what could come to pass" kind of thing. But... my God, it was... horrifying... and yet thrilling at the same time. I saw the Blood spread throughout the Perrachi, saw it reveal itself when it had taken control of most of the populations. I saw our governments bend their knees to the hrok'dok, the reunification of the Perrachi... And it was glorious. We accepted the Blood, and were enhanced by it. We took our revenge on the bastards who broke us apart, smashed their armies with our new strength and unity. The Blood instilled chaos within our enemies, and we swept over them. More and more species were added to the Hrok'Dok, and we continued to expand at almost an exponential rate. We crushed the Photos Empire, enslaved the slaver Core Combine, exterminated the dangerous Wexxians, conquered the Goonals and the Binos and all those races. The Hrok'Dok took absolute control of the galaxy, and I stood alongside the Galactic King and Queen. The feeling was indescribably, incredibly, ludicrously amazing. The glory was immeasurable, and Blood flowed everywhere. And, at the same time, I've never been more horrified in my life.

So, am I a traitor to my own species, or their salvation? Their end or their new beginning? Can the hrok'dok live in peace with the galaxy, without trying to conquer it? I honestly have no idea. I both relish and hate the idea of galactic conquest, of taking our revenge on those who defeated us, but reducing many to the state of kracs. I don't know what I am anymore. A Perrachi, or a Hrok'Dok? I know most of you probably think I'm some kind of lunatic... But this is real. The danger is here. The Blood is spreading. All I can do is write this report, and hope that someone reads it. It's the least I can do. Strangely, the Blood hasn't said anything about me writing this report and posting it. Is it mind-**** me? Just playing head games? Is it lying to me? I can't tell. Maybe I am crazy. Anyway, time to post this thing...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum