the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 28, 2024, 05:03:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Photos Empire

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos Empire  (Read 1264 times)
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 10:50:32 pm »

Ok, so the life of a normal Photos citizen. Your average Photos will have a decent standard of living, even if they are poorly off.
The lowest level of housing is a government-build complex called a "basic" (Or, as most Photos refer to it not so kindly-like, a "cubicle").
These are small apartments, consisting of a kitchen, bathroom, and co-joined living room and bedroom. While they're not the best thing to live
in, they cost no money to rent; therefore, many Photos who are just out of the educational system will be stuck living in a Basic until they
can get a decent job and aford a better living space. Most of your food and other items will come either from a super-store, or a smaller
dedicated market. Many people end up joining the military, as it pays well. Still, the majority of people stay out of the army and take up other
professions. There are profession schools that teach Photos specialized fields of work, much akin to a college. (That's pretty much what they are,
but nobody's telling!) The government at least tries to give inhabitants of the Empire (Photos or otherwise) a decent standard of living, even if unemployed.
While granted, building Basics and other government-run facilities isn't necessarily cheap, the government manages to budget itself such that it stays out of the red, even if it does come close on rare occasions. The minimum retirement age in the Empire is 65, but military service removes this limit due to the pay: by the time most Photos leave the armed forces, they have enough money to retire comfortably. In all, the people of the Empire can live comfortably one way or the other, considering that the government is willing and able to step in and help.
The Empire at least tries to help in situations of genocide and other acts that are, in the moral stance of most races, "terrible". They try not to overstep their boundaries, but sometimes they have to in order to right a situation; they deal with the political problems later, after the crisis is averted.In most situations, people who try to step on toes end up backing off after they see the reason for stepping over political boundaries.
The Empire has it's own internet system, in addition to GalactiNet (I think that's what it was called, I don't exactly remember what was decided upon, I think that was before my time), called EmpireNet. (Yeah, whoever named that wasn't very creative.) Updates on the econemy, recent happenings in the military, and news for individual planets are all held inside EmpireNet. A sample website would be:

EN.EmpireNews.Photise.net

This would be accessing the local news site for the Empire's capital, Photise. It's also possible to link pages on other networks to EmpireNet using the LinkSys command, which would look something like this:

EN./LinkSys.GPA.Home/.net

When linked using LinkSys, it converts the page into a format usable in EmpireNet's proprietary format. This means that so long as access is granted, any webpage is viewable in EmpireNet's standard browser. Note that /LinkSys/ is not as simple as adding that syntax to the address bar; it's just the browser's syntax showing the linkage. If the page has not been added to the LinkSys database, it won't work, and will return an incorrect address error. (Note, I'm going to TRY to do a picture of the EmpireNet standard browser viewing the homepage in 'Shop.)
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum