the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 29, 2024, 08:34:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

I'm leaving for "vacation"

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm leaving for "vacation"  (Read 829 times)
GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

The Weirdest in the Galaxy!

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2011, 10:31:17 pm »

So I'm going to Hawa'ii for the Pearl Harbor Parade, with the SK marching band. I'll be gone for a week, so that's where I'll be. Sorry I haven't been or recently, I've been pretty busy.
Report Spam   Logged

"Well, if you're outright admitting that your position is a religious ideology, then it's impossible for me to engage with you in a reasoned debate about it and I should just walk away."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 04:52:41 am »

No worries, KK.   Smiley

Oh, and don't forget to bring back some souvenirs!

Just stay clear of any rocks.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:49:46 pm »

I figured this would be the best place to post this. So you've probably noticed that I've been inactive lately. That's because I had a lot of problems - work trouble, sleeping trouble, schedule trouble, not to mention I've been working on a large other project, and that led to some serious creative burnout. So I'm back now but it'll be a while before I'm up to full speed. I'm really sorry and I feel like I've forsaken you all or something, but these things happen. At any rate I'm back now. Please forgive me!
Report Spam   Logged
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 07:23:21 pm »

I figured this would be the best place to post this. So you've probably noticed that I've been inactive lately. That's because I had a lot of problems - work trouble, sleeping trouble, schedule trouble, not to mention I've been working on a large other project, and that led to some serious creative burnout. So I'm back now but it'll be a while before I'm up to full speed. I'm really sorry and I feel like I've forsaken you all or something, but these things happen. At any rate I'm back now. Please forgive me!
Not a problem. Hell, I get this same thing happening with the constant, swirling maelstrom of insanity that is High School.
Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:14:36 pm »

Strange, I recall my freshman year as being rather smooth. I guess your school's different somehow.
Report Spam   Logged
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 08:39:47 pm »

Don't know where you went to high school, but I live in California. LA county, to be exact. I mean, the entire state's a mess at this point, but I live in probably the most "hood" section of the state. The average sentence out here amounts to "G baby bangin' turf cus' turf bangin'". I am not making this up, I swear. Most of my day constitutes banging my face on my desk trying to figure out what the hell the people around me are saying >.>
Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 09:51:46 pm »

Bwahahahaha!
If they're white that's even funnier! Where do they think they are, a 90s music video? Ha! SoCal never ceases to amuse. You've got only 35 rainy days, but 365 smoggy! Ha!

That low-rain thing is amazing to me, though. Where I come from we get about 170 days of precipitation a year. How do your plants even grow? Does it ever snow? And the crime rates and Hollywood too... Crazy!
Report Spam   Logged
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 11:02:22 pm »

Most of the plants out here, such as Cacti, function on little water. That and they've gotten used to having people water them regularly.
And yes, quite a few of them are white. I have yet to figure out the appeal of rap music. Such crude...er, I don't even want to use the term "music" for fear of disgracing the term. How it's gotten so popular as to work into the vernacular of most people is beyond me.
Again, Face meets desk. I think my desk in 3rd period has an indentation of my face on it.
It snows in the mountains, but never down lower.
Oh, don't even get me started on the crime rate.
Report Spam   Logged
Badger Man 22

Your body loves you

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 02:55:02 pm »

Hey! Rap is delicious and appeals to my interests of sex and drugs. That's why I like punk too!
Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 06:49:47 pm »

Yeah, rap can be pretty nice. You sound kinda like a stuffy college English professor.
Report Spam   Logged
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 08:14:56 pm »

I don't know the level of rap you guys get out where you guys are, but the average lines of this stuff are "fcukin' dat btich in 'er motherfcukin' tities", with a few notions of cop shootings tossed in and the word "nigga" thrown around a few times for good measure.
Sorry, but I find this kind of music morally offensive on every level. It's my opinion, however; bear that in mind. Just explaining why I sound like a "stuffy college English professor".
Also, pardon the vulgarity, but hey; anyone who's at least in middle school is hearing this stuff already (Hell, I had people tossing around the F word in elementary school!).
Report Spam   Logged
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 08:26:02 pm »

Pop rap sucks and "Gangta" rap sucks. Oh i'm sure there is some good stuff out there. I've even heard some of it.

I don't care though, cause Rock and Metal kick more asses per capita than all other music combined.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:27:35 pm by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
Augustus

Morituri te salutant!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 06:41:14 pm »

I' picking up some vague racism there, not to offend, but I've heard disturbingly similar arguments for why someone didn't like "black" music.
Report Spam   Logged

Memento mori.
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 07:16:37 pm »

First, for the record, My full heritage is Scottish, Spanish, Slavic and Native American (Cause saying 'indian' recently became too confusing)

I was referring to posturing, fake edginess, and other bul****.  Though actualy, I can't think of any black musicians I like, but thats not a race thing as far as I can tell. I don't pay much attention to what musicians look like.

Also, I don't hate black people, it's the Japanese I can't stand. Get it right.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:19:51 pm by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
Augustus

Morituri te salutant!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 09:16:02 pm »

Sorry Bard! I didn't mean it like that, honest! It just had a bit of UnfortumateImplications is all! I never accused you of being racist (although at least now we know you and UFO have something in common Cheesy)
Report Spam   Logged

Memento mori.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum