the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 29, 2024, 10:08:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Invasion of Darkness

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Invasion of Darkness  (Read 1032 times)
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2011, 08:25:22 pm »

"The time has come for us to retake our galaxy.  Many lesser races have come to populate and corrupt it, and we have regained the ability to return and purge the galaxy of this corruption. The Nameless failed to do this; while they failed to suceed, their recent -failed- invasion has garnered us an opportune moment. The Perrachi Socalist Republic, and indeed the United Society of Star Systems as a whole, have fallen to a defunct mess, the Galactic Protection Agency is having to ruthlessly purge itself of any *more* traitors, and the Photos are still recouping their losses.
In all, things couldn't have gone better. For us.
So, here is our plan. Our initial strike teams will strike in two locations. The second will strike at Talsenreave Station and finish what the Nameless started. The first, however, will strike on the far end of the Photos Empire and draw as much of their standing navy away from that end of the galaxy as possible. Using this strategem, we shall be able to eliminate the station. And with that out of the way, the defenders' ace in the hole vanishes.
Once Talsenreave station is destroyed or otherwise rendered inoperable, an assassination team will strike out and kill the good professor himself. As one of the galaxy's greatest minds of this time, the elimination of Talsenreave himself is critical, right below taking out his station.
Once this initial "prep work" is done, the majority of our army will materialize and set to work taking out the Photos Empire. From there, we can fan out and exterminate the rest, the major threat out of the way.
They will not stop us."

So yeah, the Shadow are invading. Think the Nameless Invasion, but different. I'm working off the idea that we're just saying the Nameless lost; I don't know if that's what we're actually saying, but that's the idea I've been working off of so far.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:48:03 pm »

The Nameless didn't lose; they never existed. It was a video game. Remember? Also, we scaled down the GSU from a whole galaxy to a roughly 750x750 LY sphere.
Report Spam   Logged
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 08:03:30 pm »

May I ask why it is that no sooner we move over here everything is getting flipped on it's head? I mean, disputing plasma weaponry is one thing, but c'mon...changing it from a galaxy (which it has been the last two era's, I really have to wonder why we're doing this when it's damn near a tradition as a galaxy) to a political sphere thing...the hell is this, Battletech?
I hate to say it, but ever sense we moved over here, the phrase "if it ain't broke don't fix it" has crossed my mind repeatedly. Especially the downsizing the galaxy thing; if this was a sub-universe, that'd be one thing, but you're talking taking the primary place, where the majority of everything happens, and downsizing it several scales of magnitude.
In addition, I honestly thought this nameless invasion being explained away as a game thing was a bloody joke. Furthermore, if you're explaining away the nameless as a whole away as something invented away for this game, that's kinda a big F-U to all the work Yuu put into them, is it not?
Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 05:00:00 am »

Look, the whole rebooting thing was decided on before this site was even created. And I find the explanation of it all being a game to be much better than the non-ending Yuu pulled. Besides, we all had an even bigger discussion about why the Nameless were totally ridiculous - if I recall correctly, you actually participated. Whistling at the ignorance of sheer scale, weren't you? I think we could redo the Nameless again properly, keeping all the good storytelling work and throwing out all the silly oversized stuff Yuu kept trying to force. I mean, the EY is on such a ludicrously larger scale that I see no reason for it to be connected so closely with the GSU!

I really hope Yuu doesn't do another one of those quotefests. Just saying.
Report Spam   Logged
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 08:05:09 am »

Yes, I brought up a few scale issues in the Nameless Invasion; I was merely asking a bit of a shrink in size, not the entire bloody thing to stop.
I'm not saying anything about the reboot; I'm talking about the reboot being used as an excuse to retcon everything under the damn sun.
Report Spam   Logged
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 12:50:30 pm »

That's what I thought we where doing. hoping for it, actualy.

Alright, I just wrote up a four paragraph post explaining why we shouldn't handle wars on the macro scale anymore, and then hitting backspace sent me back to the index for some fuching reason. So here's the short version:

We have to change the way we do wars. Stop trying to roleplay as entire armies and battles, and let them be what they are supposed to be: backdrops and settings for stories, not the whole stories themselves. This is an RPG, not an RTS.

I'm not explaining this quite right.
Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 02:06:29 pm »

I agree that we probably shouldn't be doing, for lack of a better term, ****HUEG wars anymore, unless we can come up with a way to keep it from devolving into a battle of one-upsmanship among participants.
Again, I come back to the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", with discretion.
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 03:29:26 am »

The Nameless didn't lose; they never existed.

That would entail that the Terrans > Orealyianis > GPA never existed as well.

Continuity is hard to get around like that.

The current status is that they just haven't invaded, yet. And I'm actually gonna post an RP to prevent it from commencing altogether...

... if it weren't for the fact I'm basically trying to write down two books' worth of hospital data right now.  (v_v')

Look, the whole rebooting thing was decided on before this site was even created.

This.

And I find the explanation of it all being a game to be much better than the non-ending Yuu pulled.

Yeah, I wasn't really the sanest of people back then.

I really hope Yuu doesn't do another one of those quotefests. Just saying.

UFO is stereotyping me!  D :

Again.

(^_^)

EDIT: OHMYGOSH!OHMYGOSH!OHMYGOSH!OHMYGOSH!

The preview function actually WORKS now!

(^_^-)
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 06:33:14 pm »

I agree, Bard. You have an extremely good point. Good luck on that medical stuff, Yuu.

We should develop our characters further and create engaging personal stories.
Report Spam   Logged
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 06:24:02 pm »

Perhaps what I can do is post the first part (Shadow invasion of the Photos homeworld) and see where it goes from there, that should allow some factors like size of the RP "universe" to remain ambiguous for the most part.
On the whole micro-war vs macro war thing, I personally feel that the proper level of "war" in a single rp is "skirmish", unless it's a major battle in a war, in which case jumping up to a limited macro would be acceptable.
Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 05:29:59 pm »

I'm all for it. You want any perrachi or other species under the Alliance's jurisdiction involved? i.e. agariki, xinmayi, etc.
Report Spam   Logged
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 10:01:56 pm »

Yeah.
It'll sure hurt the Photos' pride asking the PERRACHI for help, of all people xD
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 11:40:00 pm »

Talk about irony.

In any case, the Ories stand by the Photos through thick and thin.

And Zoidberg the rest of the SPA.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 11:48:10 pm »

Alright, first post is up. Had a bit of writer's block with this one but got it out, if you can get through a sub-par sentence or two. Wanted to make it bigger but this was sorta the set-up post.

Oh, and for added awesomesauce, listen to this while reading:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:54:16 pm by GroxGlitch » Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 05:53:08 am »

We were talking about how a micro scale would be nicer in RPs, so how about instead of directly RPing the Perrachi Alliance council I show an ordinary person watching a video feed of it? Then maybe he/she could be a soldier. But it'll be a few weeks before they come to a decision, and even then we know that certain nations like Right Here and Newlight aren't going to contribute. Maybe he/she works for the United Perrachi Federation, a.k.a. heartless baby-eating capitalists. They'd be quick to act, since I'm guessing they're the guys who warmed up to Beyon and all. Also, a non-lefty perrachi viewpoint would be interesting. I just have to make sure it isn't Objectivist; I don't want everybody bored to death by obnoxiously long internal monologues. Also, a new perrachi character could let me show off some of the Alliance's other sapient races, like the ishpali.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum