the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 28, 2024, 11:01:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Is anyone here any good with animation?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone here any good with animation?  (Read 492 times)
GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

The Weirdest in the Galaxy!

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:09:27 am »

Here's the thing. I'd like to attempt to consolidate all of our efforts into one project. This whole thing seems like everyone is spread out, isolated. What I want to do is make a documentary-like series on the planets of the Galaxy, starting with Beyon and working out, doing planets of the Orealyianis, Perrachi, Photos, Graid, all of them. I don't mean fully fledged animation, I just mean using all of our talents. Omega and UFO are excellent with history and plot. I can make space pictures. Grox and I (and others) are skilled in DoGA for ships. Yuu can make good landscape, skylines, and catchy history. If we worked together we could produce some cool stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

"Well, if you're outright admitting that your position is a religious ideology, then it's impossible for me to engage with you in a reasoned debate about it and I should just walk away."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:24:31 pm »

Ah. Cheesy
I've had thoughts of something like this, but I never bothered posting anything due to the last few attempts at collaborative works I've tried going kaput.
I can't do any animation in DoGA (I don't have the paid version), but I'd be willing to help out otherwise.
Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:54:40 pm »

Well, thanks! I think we can all make this come to life, unlike the past failures of the old forum. The important thing is to never give up!

As for animating, I'm an enthusiast but my actual skills are the amateuriest of amateurs. I understand many core concepts and principles, though, so that's a start. I guess I'm currently better suited for writing.

So, a documentary? Excellent; the fictional kind has always piqued my interest. (What does pique mean, anyway?) I'm thinking interviews with common people, their views on various issues, maybe some attempts to get questions answered by famous folk with varying degrees of success. I can see it now - Talin's guys block out the camera and evict the crew, then a protest outside the building! A prominent goonal senator's opinion on plikik social conflict! A photos commander and activist present diverging viewpoints on the supposed police state tactics of the Empire! A luzonian and a perrachi talk about how they became buddies! A xinmayi makes a semi-coherent rant about "numerical gender repression"! Graid and ishpali square off in an interstellar poetry contest! An expedition to the exotic quillaran homeworld, with torpal nomads unexpectedly encountered! The possibilities are ENDLESS!
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 07:26:03 pm »

That sounds good.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

The Weirdest in the Galaxy!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 07:46:45 pm »

I need someone who can speak Japanese in order to get the full version of DoGA. I can't understand it and it's likely that the creators speak Japanese and can't be contacted by me.
Report Spam   Logged

"Well, if you're outright admitting that your position is a religious ideology, then it's impossible for me to engage with you in a reasoned debate about it and I should just walk away."
GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 08:14:32 pm »

If possible, we could always export the DoGA model into a 3D program such as Blender and Maya and animate in there if we can find a common format or a plug-in for a particular format.
If DoGA uses all proprietary formats, we're kinda stuck there.
I've got two skits in mind that I'll be working on, try to have them up tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 09:23:11 am »

I agree with GG.

Unless it's all written in katakana, which is unlikely, it seems trial and error is the only way of understanding the thing.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum