the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 18, 2024, 11:32:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Alkera System and the United Federation of Khuris (The Binos)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Alkera System and the United Federation of Khuris (The Binos)  (Read 601 times)
GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

The Weirdest in the Galaxy!

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2011, 07:43:01 pm »

(First off, I'm dropping a Retcon Bomb. I've matured a fair amount since I started out on GamingSteve, so there are going to be major differences in the Bino topics. Generally, there will be more pictures, less random facts, more sense-making, FAR GREATER organization, etc. etc. etc. Obvious from the title are changes like how the plural form of Bino, and the name of their government to make a bit more sense.)

The Alkera Star Cluster

Above: A view of the main planet of the Alkera system, Khuris, and its two moons, Lurka (The Dark One), and Kraysta (The Little Companion)
On the night side of the planet, one can see the few large cities on the planet, including Khato Athoka, and Khato Lorida.
(CONTENT PENDING WRITE-UP)

Basically a placeholder.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:38:20 pm by GalacticWeirdo » Report Spam   Logged

"Well, if you're outright admitting that your position is a religious ideology, then it's impossible for me to engage with you in a reasoned debate about it and I should just walk away."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:47:07 pm »

Oh, this'll be good! Is Alkera like the system in Firefly? EDIT: No wait, those planets were terraformed. Giant stars are too short-lived to allow the formation of life as we know it.
Report Spam   Logged
GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 08:46:34 pm »

Updated with a picture! I'll get to work on that planet commission tomorrow UFO :X
Report Spam   Logged

"Well, if you're outright admitting that your position is a religious ideology, then it's impossible for me to engage with you in a reasoned debate about it and I should just walk away."
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 09:35:49 pm »

Oh, thanks. Now isn't that a cool sky to look at! Imagine all the countless sonnets composed by amorous young bino over the years, comparing their lovers to the beautiful stars in the sky.
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 03:00:51 am »

Aren't those moons a liiiiittle bit too close for comfort?  Huh

Any case, NICE!  Cool

Can't wait to see your stuff again.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 05:51:34 pm »

The moons are on the other side of the planet, not in line with the camera, so they're closer than they appear.
Report Spam   Logged

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 09:11:55 pm »

Oh...

Never thought of it that way.

Now I feel stupid.  >_>
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 11:13:12 pm »

If you put it in a 3-D program and rotated Khuris, they'd move pretty quickly. Just felt like that was something I should say.

Are there several white dwarfs in the Alkera vicinity? As far as I can tell they're much more harmless than a neutron star, pulsar (obviously), or black hole (very obviously).
Report Spam   Logged
GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 01:03:28 am »

The outer "satellite" system of 4 stars has a small main sequence star with dwarves orbiting around it. Not necessarily dead stars, just tiny ones.

Also, the line of moons would be going off into the distance, so the distances are farther than they appear. like, about a 145 degree angle from the line from where the "camera" is looking.
Report Spam   Logged

GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 03:04:34 am »

Man, I'm just not feeling this. I can't continue with the Bino. They've run their course. I've always preferred the Ni'Calls; Most of my RPing has been done with them, and I'm out of ideas for the Bino.
Report Spam   Logged

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 05:06:34 pm »

Dammit man, how can you abandon your fellow bipedal mammals?! The very least you can do is an allegory of humanity.
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 11:45:14 pm »

I just thought: Bionosaurs.

Yeah.

So, I guess the Bino will be in the background indefinitely. Kinda understandable, really, seeing as their home system just suffered from a supernova. That's gotta leave a mark.
Report Spam   Logged

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 05:09:21 am »

So their government just sorta collapsed into a bunch of little colonies? Kind of like if the browncoats won?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum