the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 29, 2024, 12:44:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Terran[?]

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Terran[?]  (Read 438 times)
Withp Returnae

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2012, 09:39:55 am »

Now, once I have a few images of the O'ka, some of you may be a bit disappointing at the Terran-ess of them. The reason for this is because I first developed them for SpecEvo, where humans normally exist in people's projects. My plan was that Sa'tuk'fa more complex life had been seeded from Earth animals around 400mya. But since Earth doesn't exist, that argument becomes moot. Or does it? Think about it. Yuu's Orealyianis are decently alien to us, while my O'ka (although obviously fundamentally different from Earth animals) look like furry dinosaurs. BUT, O'ka would look wildly alien to them, or the Graid. And since Earth doesn't exist, neither does the word terran.
But, the thing is that new members wouldn't have the excuse that their creature isn't terran because Earth doesn't exist, because their creatures now look pretty much like thoose, like me, who didn't use their imagination*.

*not that I dont have any, trust me. It's just that I really don't want to change the whole thing, or even create another creature just because It was too terran for Kosmosis.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:45:20 am by Withp Returnae » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 02:26:13 pm »

Makes sense. Not really an issue for us. Photos are humanoid, larentili are just bipedal salamanders, and perrachi are...parrots.

Things from earth don't exist, so earthlike is meaningless, just a little tame. Also, it means that extranious apostrophes and such make even less sense, seeing as its a translation and there is no english language.
Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 06:51:50 pm »

parrots.

With cute little navy captain hats.

Well, at least some of them.

This might help.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 09:57:12 pm »

And three beaks...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum