the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 28, 2024, 06:53:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Blood and Rust

Poll
Question: Uneni?
Snake - 2 (66.7%)
worm - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Blood and Rust  (Read 4887 times)
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2011, 06:03:00 pm »

i'm putting up a poll. vote when your done with your setup and ready to start the main adventure.
Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:23 pm »

Just because she's flying doesn't mean he couldn't jusge her height, especially since he's of a species that can fly.

I was kinda referring to how she's more like a mole than a humanoid, actually.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2011, 07:39:02 pm »

alright, I have to travel across the country tommorow. when I'm done, we are boarding. I have the post typed and primed to go.

while the start will be pretty railroaded to get you where you need to go, this will be a fairly open rp with many paths to victory (i've mapped out hnangha) and several equaly fitting endings. try not to get the one where you make the worst possible choices and all die.

of course, me being a benevolent DM, you have to try with your whole heart and soul to achive that kind of failure.

If the species I already posted wasn't the way it was I'd join this. Maybe I'll bring the seeonsurm over too, just a bit different. Then catch up with the RP, and join. >.>

go ahead and add your character.  you have until the part with the lake, were it starts to get open ended.
Report Spam   Logged

Badger Man 22

Your body loves you

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2011, 08:26:56 pm »

Name: Ha le Mak
Species: Seeonsurm
Appearance: Crimson skin covered in tattoos, each thick, dark line of the abstract design writhing in turn with his heartbeat. Cybernetic implants in his eyes glow a soft green, flicking on and off.
Equipment:
Cybernetic eyes, removing his colour-blindness.
Plasteel collapsible handguns, each firing small fullerene slugs (a clip contains 4 slugs and he has 6 clips).
Pair of gloves, to allow use of his guns without destroying them with his acid grip.

At some point I'll transfer the seeonsurm to here.
Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 01:37:45 am »

Aren't the seeonsurm basically Ilwrath with less legs? The whole evil death theocracy thing reminded me of them. But not Estonia. Now I'm wondering how big Estonian spiders get.
Report Spam   Logged
Badger Man 22

Your body loves you

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 02:02:25 am »

There culture is not based off of Estonia, the names were the only things that came from them. And the word evil is so strong, I am re-working them in this universe ever so slightly, the same basic idea though. The Ilwrath seem a bit less outwardly diplomatic though. Seeonsurm are nice people diplomatically, it's just that only seeonsurm get rights as citizens, everyone else is more treated as public property.
Report Spam   Logged
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 02:32:32 am »

Okay, got it. I actually knew only the names were Estonian; you said that in the original thread.
Report Spam   Logged
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2011, 12:24:52 am »

Ok, launched. Two things to keep in mind:

1. Hnangha has gravity. Natural gravity, because its a huge semi-spherical worldship.

2. Don't attack any macines you may find. Bad things will happen if you do.
Report Spam   Logged

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 03:29:41 am »

Link to Agnasi's roster of troops, in case anyone wants to review them.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 03:56:53 am »

A bit outdated (and just already inaccurate to begin with) on the look, but the general idea gets across well enough I guess.

Also, there are Knackers, centepede-esque harvester machines, but they won't attack you unless you attack them, or Hnangha tastes you.
the four, which there are no pictures of.
and the conglomerates of flesh and metal, of which there are pictures of, but not where you think.

Also, there is their master, but I can't imagine that the horror in the eyes of the thing which dies and screams eternal, the god of all crawls and creeps, the traitor of the gold, the unmaker in the dark, and, of course, The demon of many unecessary melodramatic titles that i'm beggining to think your just making up to seem spooky* (Marangreim gave him that one), will put up much of a fight.

*(Agnasi is also called the Blood eater, Fetus king, Cripple of Zolam, Eternal carcass, Mind flooder, Rotting god.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:20:15 am by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2011, 10:27:38 am »

Man, I'd hate to see his ink bill.   Wink

If he ever has one, of course.

Not much use in writing materials when you're currently zombified and strapped to a horrific mechanism that's part-Silent Hill monster and part-Ixian torture device.
Report Spam   Logged

Bard

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2011, 01:35:19 pm »

Though I should probably elaborate. i'll add a chart to the topic

for clarities sake, even though any Iavolg could be described as any of the names, the particular words should only be used when talking about the particular creature
each is orders of magnitute better than the previous.

soldiers are infinite and savages are sprinkled liberaly among them, moving as kill teams.
anything higher than that is only there when I say it is.

moving on, Iavolg would not be dazed by a bright light, because their eyes dont work like that. the blast would do it though, so it still works as is.
I wouldn't be too casual about flying, as i'm going to show in my next post.
biting Iavolg? bad idea too. these things are toxic.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:37:48 pm by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2011, 05:36:41 pm »

soldiers are infinite and savages are sprinkled liberaly among them, moving as kill teams.
anything higher than that is only there when I say it is.

I see.

I'd assume shooters are also used liberally as the long-range equivalent of the soldiers, or are they on a completely different level as well?

I wouldn't be too casual about flying, as i'm going to show in my next post.

How 'bout hovering, at least just enough to get their feet off the ground? Hover-skating, per se?

Those two are faster and less likely to trip over when off the ground.

biting Iavolg? bad idea too. these things are toxic.

I assumed everyone's wearing a space suit of some sort.

We just walked through a vacuum a while earlier, so it kinda made sense and I went with it.

Still, in retrospect, yeah, you're right.

Definitively clearing that thing up would be much appreciated, though.
Report Spam   Logged

Bard

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2011, 01:40:07 am »

yes to shooters.
and yes, you can fly, just take into account the shooters.
yes, most everyone should be wearing a suit. so I dont see how you can bite.

I split the party. If anyones character is unable to swim, fly, survive a thirty meter fall into water,  or just wants to, they can stay up top and join with Marangreim. no more than two.
Report Spam   Logged

Badger Man 22

Your body loves you

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2011, 02:59:26 am »

Dibs on the upper path, gives me more reasons to post.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum