the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 28, 2024, 07:42:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Blood and Rust

Poll
Question: Uneni?
Snake - 2 (66.7%)
worm - 1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Blood and Rust  (Read 4881 times)
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2011, 11:24:33 am »

Head feels kinda woozy at the moment, will post several hours from now.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2011, 03:14:04 am »

Alright, take your time and don't feel rushed. Not that you did, just trying to be reassuring.

So Hnangha can immitate any voice it knows well enough (having their memories helps).
Fun fact: The Elderly female voice was from Niyames' mother. Hnangha ate her.
Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2011, 10:18:22 am »

Fun fact: The Elderly female voice was from Niyames' mother. Hnangha ate her.

Well, that partly explains why he's so gruff all the time.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2011, 02:28:56 pm »

Well, I never said he was nice. If you had to pick, you could probably put him down as lawful neutral if anything. kings of the larentili only really socialized with nobles and ranked officals. The lower class had no names and couldn't talk.

also, 20 years crouched in a dark rusting hole, alone, living on lichen, hiding from groaning, blood-eating creatures, the voices of your dead relatives whispering in your ear, all the while the glowing eye constantly vigilant, always watching.

And these are his last days. Either he'll die destroying Hnangha or be killed by it. Alternativly, he can be trapped here forever, replacing Agnasi as master and changing Hnangha's directives, or, worst of all, fail and be incorporated into it's mind. In any case, he's not getting out of here.

So yea, he's a bit of a jerk.
Report Spam   Logged

GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2011, 08:55:04 pm »

What about Me and Badger? Are our characters still separated, along with Marang?
Report Spam   Logged
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2011, 09:00:30 pm »

If you didn't notice, your in the same room. Just fifty stories up.
Report Spam   Logged

GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2011, 09:04:29 pm »

Right. Got it.
Report Spam   Logged
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2011, 10:44:15 pm »

Welcome to the first boss fight.

Uneni is, by orders of magnitute, the largest of the Four, and the second largest organism aboard Hnangha. large as in, 'could swallow an elephant' or 'could strangle godzilla'
When he is occasionaly deployed on the battlefield, he is a weapon of mass destruction, ripping through navies and topples cities.
while he tends to smash his enemies with his bulk, he can also eat them, or grab them in his talons, and eat them.
Also, he's a giant snake.

As I hopefully demonstrated with Uzata (I think thats going to be a thing for me, killing some hapless machy in every thread) sometimes brute force isn't enough by itself. That said i'm not a harsh DM, so feel free to experiment. That's what makes this fun.
And adventure. Hnangha is a big place, with more than just pipes and metal. There may be a goal but the path is nonlinear.
Report Spam   Logged

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2011, 10:48:33 pm »

This meant he was a cool, collected and skilled addition to the team. However, they had forgotten one thing.

His medication

Uzeta took flight and sprayed a round of shards into the serpent. It responded by flicking its tail, swatting him out of the air, the impact breaking every organ in his body, killing him instantly. And, somewhere, yet another supervisor was fired for letting a Machy on a special operations mission.

Priceless.

Oh, and totally sigged.
Report Spam   Logged

GroxGlitch

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2011, 10:49:44 pm »

Also, if anyone want's to argue the "taking a fifty story fall into water" bit, consider that Assault Armor is built well enough to get stepped on by a Xylanis Waratica mech (the lightest of which is 25 tons, I might add!) and keep fighting. Opairis Elite armor is built even stronger than that stuff. So yeah. Slowing himself with his decent dart thing then taking a fall into water seems do-able, imo.
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2011, 06:25:19 am »

Umm, Grox, I think you mistyped Ke'ras' name?  Huh
Report Spam   Logged

Bard

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2011, 11:31:39 am »

and when it turned and roared at him.
No.

Also of note, Uneni only feels pain for about 2 seconds, then hnangha takes it for him, and then keeps feeling it forever. Now, you might think it would be a better system to just have the pain go away, but mad scientists will do mad science.This means Hnangha is in constant ever growing agony, and the only person available to give it to would be Agnasi, which of course he can't.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:33:23 am by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2011, 12:42:48 pm »

Mighty sorry for the lack of post.

Been really hectic these past two days.

Hopefully, I can post some time later.
Report Spam   Logged

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2011, 09:50:01 am »

Again, terribly sorry for my failure to post. Still pretty much caught up in stuff.  : /
Report Spam   Logged

Badger Man 22

Your body loves you

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2011, 03:27:14 am »

I was without internet for 4 days and was caught up in a 3 day D&D campaign before hand, I'll be busy most of the break and most weekdays due to new relationships and whatnot.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum