the Kosmosis Chronicles
April 20, 2024, 12:08:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

akdosom ("Graid")

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: akdosom ("Graid")  (Read 1600 times)
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 06:15:36 am »

I heard UFO wanted weird biology.

well, the graid start as worms, then grown into plants, then form a cocoon, and then hatch into a big six limbed insect/reptile/mammal with ecolocation and tentacles made of it's brain.

if that was not enough, they move their mostly non-living body like a puppet with strings, use caterpillars for blood, have no muscles, bones, or basical any other conventional internal organ besides the intestines and lungs, which they use through pores in their back, which is where their young are born from after floating spores fertilize it them. And they are immortal. finally, they can graft objects onto aformentions brain tentacles.

Just remember that perrachi can fly. I myself forgot for years, and as a result I put in nonsensical details like corridors and hallways in their starships. Why would you have those if you could fly?

Yea one of the hardest things is keeping in mind their different biology or psychology. A race with perfect memory would rarely write things down or even have computers. Schools and education would be very different;my main character, Alevian, is a school teacher, so thats actualy pretty important to figure out. A world with no oceans would not use something called a "navy" or a "marine". Imortallity means death isn't normal.
many things to consider.
Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum