the Kosmosis Chronicles
March 29, 2024, 02:46:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

akdosom ("Graid")

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: akdosom ("Graid")  (Read 1560 times)
UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 08:45:41 pm »

No worries, I already read it a while ago on Gaming Steve! And it was awesome! Of course, that won't help your data retrieval. Maybe if you copied your whole post every now and then?
Report Spam   Logged
GalacticWeirdo
The All-Moderating
Administrator

The Weirdest in the Galaxy!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 09:17:34 pm »

you may be able to hit back and find it again.
Report Spam   Logged

"Well, if you're outright admitting that your position is a religious ideology, then it's impossible for me to engage with you in a reasoned debate about it and I should just walk away."
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 09:46:02 pm »

guess it didn't work that time.
first I wrote about nonviolent protestors against Coessus. specificaly, the manner in which Keataus set them  on fire.

and then I wrote...some other stuff.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 01:08:28 am by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

But that's another story for another time...
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 06:15:36 am »

I heard UFO wanted weird biology.

well, the graid start as worms, then grown into plants, then form a cocoon, and then hatch into a big six limbed insect/reptile/mammal with ecolocation and tentacles made of it's brain.

if that was not enough, they move their mostly non-living body like a puppet with strings, use caterpillars for blood, have no muscles, bones, or basical any other conventional internal organ besides the intestines and lungs, which they use through pores in their back, which is where their young are born from after floating spores fertilize it them. And they are immortal. finally, they can graft objects onto aformentions brain tentacles.

Just remember that perrachi can fly. I myself forgot for years, and as a result I put in nonsensical details like corridors and hallways in their starships. Why would you have those if you could fly?

Yea one of the hardest things is keeping in mind their different biology or psychology. A race with perfect memory would rarely write things down or even have computers. Schools and education would be very different;my main character, Alevian, is a school teacher, so thats actualy pretty important to figure out. A world with no oceans would not use something called a "navy" or a "marine". Imortallity means death isn't normal.
many things to consider.
Report Spam   Logged

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 05:20:41 am »

then grown into plants
use caterpillars for blood
brain tentacles
WHOOOAAA
Report Spam   Logged
Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 06:12:02 am »

Yeah, Graid are... interesting.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 07:15:33 pm »

Now i'm working to make sense of the language. Not being a Philologist, this is really fuchin hard. I . I'll stick to getting a few basic words, and building around those.

The species name is Graid. Ient is a suffix for plural

The name of the planet:

English: Earth Sky
Classic Ashadic: Dosom Phos
Coessan: Dose Face
Salomic: Osamee Hora
Grealtic: doshemr Lant
Uthumusad: Oclusakem 
Terco: Satha

And thats only half the major dialogues of earthsky. So yea i'm going to fail

EDIT: Oh, and that does not even begin to compare to the trouble with Timelines. In additon to the fact that its huge, I have many. five 'cycles' of civilization, and two dozen ages, each lasting over a million years, and all the people and events to place within them properly so they don't contradict*

But above all that, I also have to contend with changing names.
Changing names. They change their names. Why oh why did I make that part of their culture? And its already importat to a couple character arcs....

Wait, I made that part of their culture. Right then. Graid earn names and keep them, though sometimes they will earn additional ones. There, simplified.

*(The nation Nuingual can't be formed in third age of the fifth cycle, because chardinel was born there in the second age. But If Nuingual is formed early in the second age than that would be before Terco, it's origional settlers. These are the things I have to work out)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:55:39 am by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

Bard

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 08:37:27 pm »

Yeah, Graid are... interesting.

They should be, seeing as they are supposedly the spawn of an elder god.
Report Spam   Logged

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 09:05:01 pm »

Ia! Ia! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh G'rayd Er'th'skaih wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Please... Let's not get too silly here, Bard.
Report Spam   Logged
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 12:53:49 am »

Hey, what's silly about a giant alien black space octopus with power of rock and metal?

Oclus granted death to the Stone. The Stone, angered at its newfound mortality, gave death to Oclus in turn. The resulting catastrophy tore down civilization. Thus ends the first cycle.

The mortal earth, akdosom regrew in time. And grew. Eventualy, it covered the spiral of the dark sky, a Radial power, Infinite. It would not last forever, though. Eventualy another people came, called only daveresh. Daveresh came and the akdosom's radial power was put out.
thus ends the second cycle.

The Akdosom would not stay fallen. They called upon oclus. Though dead, his echo lingered. They asked him to bring down the daveresh. He agreed, but in return he demanded an unknown payment, to be exacted at an unknown time. Akdosom accepted his terms. The daveresh were cast down and sent away.
Thus ends the third cycle.

of the fourth cycle, little is spoken.

And now we come to the fifth cycle. Oclus, death granter, stirs in his earthen hollow. Unkown to the akdosom, he has already exacted his payment.

Of course, these are just stories. Exept for the enourmous corpse under uthumasad
Report Spam   Logged

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 07:33:18 pm »

Holy crap, how the Graid would handle something like this sleeping just below the surface I have no idea.
Report Spam   Logged

"That bastard is watching that **** playing with a ****" should actually be a perfectly polite sentence to describe a child watching a dog play with some sticks. But it's not, because they somehow became offensive.
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 01:52:34 am »

I thought I already answered that. They would kill it.

Oclus, stone shaper, death granter, Thulithotle-Yalertopec, lies murmering in the dark. In his resting place, the akdosom do not go...With one exception.

This individual is one of the strangest inhabitants of dosomphos. Search the archives of the great librarian, Kerechus, but you will find little on him. He is the second speaker and the charged of the eternal rime. He is a thing of folklore, the death-touched. many tales describe a cloaked figure of gray. While his stories (at least the traditional ones) are rarely of viciousness or brutality, there is an unmistakable feeling of malevolence felt in them.

still, the scholar and teacher Alevian has met the man personally. But neither he nor his partner Rcalde will say anything of the matter.

Let me simplify this: their god gave them mortality. They killed their god. Then they made a deal with him to secure their freedom from an enemy.  some time later one of them entered their god's grave; He was changed. I've already told the next part of the story, though I have yet to tell it's conclusion.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:56:36 am by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

Yuu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 03:23:02 am »

I thought I already answered that. They would kill it.

Psychologically, the thought of it, I mean.

It'll be like if there was an eldritch abomination living under your house.
Report Spam   Logged

UFO King

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 05:08:58 am »

Holy crap, how the Graid would handle something like this sleeping just below the surface I have no idea.
They hire The Spoony One to point out all its flaws, of course.
Report Spam   Logged
Bard

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2012, 12:13:44 am »

I think I made it sound too evil.

Oclus is Chaotic neutral at worst. An entire nation, uthumusad, holy city was formed around it, literaly.  
22% of Graid belive Oclus is important in their lives deaths, technicaly, seeing as it's a death god, associated with caves and water.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheSacredDarkness

Mind if I get a tad dramatic here? Ok.

Under the Stone and the Air, decended from silent river.

Broken rock across the glass hills
Gray cloak from brook in steady fields (East)
Unchosen Bearer of wind and vile tide (West)
Nomad rider in blackened valley snow (North)
Indebted Flier upon burning cliffs (South)

Stray from the water, follow the calls of the wind and sing with the Earth

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:23:07 am by Bard » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
Free SMF Hosting - Create your own Forum